Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Philly and the "Lost Luggage"

We've been busy lately. I just got back from visiting with my G'parents in VA and right before that Chad and I had a little trip to Philly to visit with our friends Michele, Dan and their little one, Chase. It was a great trip even though the Braves once again blew another one. We enjoyed drowning our sorrows in the good food there that is after we drowned at the game. We got stuck in the biggest lighting storm/rain that I've ever seen. It probably wasn't that big but, felt that way since we were standing in the stadium around all the metal as the lighting/thunder crashed and the rain/wind blew all around us. We ended the night with a late night dinner that consisted of the best meatballs and sauce that I've ever had. "Chef" Michele taught me an awesome recipe she has. Although I'm still waiting for my recipe in the mail???

We went to a great restaurant/brewery where Chad and Dan had a taste test of all the beers. (11 different 4oz glasses of beers) I think their favorite was the lemon beer (tasted like lemon dish soap). So Nasty!!!

On our last day we decided to do our own food network taste test to find out which Philly Cheese Steak is the best, Genos or Pats. Our final decision was Pats.... A long time favorite of the McGarry clan. It was a great trip filled with lots of fun. We really enjoyed getting to finally meet Chase. He's such an awesome/mild manner kid. I only hope that they get blessed with an energetic one next time ha ha-

Our trip was coming to an end and we were ready to get back to the kids. We knew they were well taken care of by Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw and had a fun time with "baby" Ben. ( I wonder when Ben will no longer be labeled as "baby"??)

Everything was great until we arrived back in Chlt. We had a direct flight to Chlt. from Philly and wouldn't you know our luggage didn't make it. They delivered the golf clubs the next day at home on our front door steps while I was out running errands but, our bag of toiletries and dirty laundry were missing. After 2 of the 5 phone calls of frustration was made to the 1-800 number for baggage claims to USAirways on Tuesday I realized that I was calling overseas somewhere. You could tell they were reading off the cu-cards as each time I got a different story based on whatever my situation was at the time. One time they even told me that the on-line site I was using to check on my bags wasn't updated correctly even though it said two bags were in they only received one??? Don't they scan these bags?

I decided that I had enough for one day so tomorrow I would just go back to the airport and start my outrage in person. Once I was at the airport making my complaint about the 1-800 number and asking where was my luggage the gentleman was so nice to suggest that I should report a stolen bag claim to the police of Gastonia. They insisted that both bags were delivered the previous day and someone must of stolen our black bag, (remember that one was full of dirty laundry and toiletries) over the golf clubs off the front porch. I found that really funny that they honestly thought someone would rather have our dirty clothes over some golf clubs. That's what I would steal wouldn't you??? Anyhow, after A LOT of frustration on my end at the airport and screaming kids in the claim office for an hour and 15 min. I finally received my bags that night around 8:30. They were delivered to the wrong house by the courier. Our bag ended up at a Chris Barnes house that lives in Murphy, NC. They flew in on United and not US Airways??? Go figure. I'm just so glad to have my dirty laundry back. I was only hoping that when I received them that they were kind enough to wash everything for us? No such luck. Guess I better go do some laundry.

1 comment:

paige said...

I found it rather interesting that Chad is sporting his Cancun shirt on your trip to Philly. I know you guys miss us and our awesome trips, but try to enjoy the moment, not relive the past. We'll do it again another time! You can't go EVERYWHERE with us! I love michele's brown hair! Last time I saw her she was platinum blond. Glad you guys had fun.