Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Time for Toddler Bed...

It's with great sadness that I must report as of yesterday morning no longer does Kaitlin call for me in the morning to come get her up. She is now a "big girl" and climbs out of her crib in the morning. I guess she is 3 but, since William never climbed out I was really hoping I'd be that lucky with Kaitlin. My freedom/control is now gone.

She started this about a month ago when Chad had her in time out in her crib. She was screaming at the top of her lungs then all the sudden it got quiet. We went back there to check on her and she was on her floor playing with her princess castle. She was so proud of herself. It was all we could do to keep from laughing. Instead I tried to explain how dangerous it was and when William was little he tried the same thing and landed on his head. I guess it worked for about 4 weeks. We knew the time was coming as she's been climbing in the crib for several months now.

Our babies are growing up.....

2 comments:

The Mechlings said...

that IS a sad day, I know. But you had a pretty good run ... lots of kids move out of the crib long before 3. Soon, she'll be moving into her college dorm room!! haha!

Ben said...

I hope Kaitlin did not teach her latest trick to Ben! I hope he stays in his crib forever! By the way, I guess the kids will stop referring to him as "baby Ben" once another baby comes along...it won't be from me for a while, so are you up for it? ha! ha! PS-I don't know why I show up as Ben - I guess I have the account under my 2 year old's name?!