Sunday, August 24, 2008

Kenny Chesney Concert

It's been a busy weekend at the Barnes household. Before the weekend started I went to a concert with one of my good friends Tiffany. I must admit I'm not a huge Kenny Chesney fan but, Tiffany was looking for someone to go with her so I said why not. I do enjoy country and he is a good artist. (and did I mention it's a night out without kids :o) We had a great time minus all the people puking, smoking and not just cigarets. I either came out of there with lung cancer or high off of the person smoking pot in front of us. But, minus all that we had a great time and Kenny put on an entertaining show.

After the show we were starving so we decided to hit the local Belmont Waffle House. I got my usual hot chocolate as it's always freezing inside Waffle Houses. Although I have to admit I was a little disappointed when I had to make it myself and it didn't come with the whip cream topping??? As we were sitting there waiting on our food I was looking at the floor under the food area only to be greeted by a little mouse. I didn't scream but as Tiffany said, "my eyes got really big" and she was trying to figure out what all was going on. The waitress asked me if I saw what she saw. Needless to say I was so hungry I didn't even care. I have to admit there's something about a mouse that doesn't scare me as much as a big ol' cockroach.

Oh, and did I mention that my wonderful husband called to check in and see if we were on our way home and if we had fun. I said yes we'll be home soon. That was before we decided to go eat at the Waffle House. So I called back and told Chad we decided to stop and eat that the food wasn't that great at the concert and we were starving. It was about 11:40. He then said great would you mind stopping at the Wal-Greens across the street and pick me up $20 worth of school supplies. He needed them for work the next day? Hello... it's almost 12:00 at night. The moral of this story was if I had just gone straight home I wouldn't of had to stop but, since I wasn't "tired" enough to come home he had me run his errands in the wee late hours. Now that's a great wife..... You know I'd do anything for you babe..... ilu :o)


No comments: