Sunday, August 24, 2008

Dancing Girl....

Kaitlin also started dance this week. She didn't take to kind to the "stockings" she had to wear but, she wanted to put on her tap shoes so bad she finally got over the idea of having to wear them. I snapped a quick picture before we left. On the way I heard her in the back seat saying, uh oh, Mommy I'm pulling it??? I'm sitting there driving down the road thinking what is she talking about. We got to the dance studio and I got out to take a better look at what she was talking about and yep, you guessed it Kaitlin had somehow picked her stockings (after 5 min. of having them on) and was pulling the pick to make a nice big ol' hole in her brand new stockings. All I could do was laugh. I knew they wouldn't last long before getting messed up but, I never would have thought only 5 min. of being out of the bag. Oh, well. If I only had some clear nail polish with me I might could have stopped the hole from getting so big. ha ha (don't laugh I know all you girls have used nail polish back in the day) Anyhow, I looked at it this way.... $6 dollars for stockings, having to drive back to the store to buy several more pairs, watching your child dance around having so much fun.... priceless.... Kaitlin ended up having a ball and I'm hoping she will enjoy dancing going forward. We've now added a stocking fund in Kaitlin's name. I figured that if I have to have a pair per class that's 4 a month x 9 months = 36 pair x $6.00/pair = $216.00 alone for stockings. You don't even want to know how much we've spent already on shoes and tuition alone. We'll send out an email with the recital fund info. at a later date if you'd like to contribute to that one too. :o)

No comments: