Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sneaky Kaitlin

I must write a brief note about last night and our sneaky Kaitlin or as she would say her name is Kaitlin Barnes Princess. We went to put the kids down to bed last night around 8:30 and did the nightly routine. After about 15 min. Kailtin who now climbs out of her crib came into the rec. room, said she couldn't sleep. So Daddy took her back to the crib around 8:45. Chad and I stayed up and watched some of the Olympics. It was about 10:15 and Chad said lets head on back. I agreed as I was tired. Chad went on back only to turn right around and told me to come here. In his words he said, "this isn't going to be good" I was like, "what?" He said our bedroom door was shut and the light was on. So we went back and checked to see if Kaitlin was in her crib. NOPE.. So Chad opened the door and there we found our little princess laying in the bed, covers over her, blanket and two pappies looking at us smiling with a big grin saying I just watched Blues Clues and now Oswald is on. Yes, she had turned on the TV to her cartoons. All we could do was laugh. She was so cute. We tried to put her back to bed only to notice the lights in the hallway blinking on and off. This little girl will not go down for nothing. She finally gave up as it was about 10:45 and I think she didn't have anything left in her. She tried to do the same thing to me today at nap time but, I quickly put up the baby gate at her door. We'll see how long that keeps her in. I'll give it about a week before she figures out how to climb over that. But, for now it will do...

2 comments:

paige said...

Yikes!!! Hope you can get her to continue naps for as long as possible!

The Mechlings said...

Cady was pulling all sorts of shenanigans at bedtime too but now that I've cut out her nap, it's in bed and snoozing by 8:00!! It's great but giving up the nap is a bitter loss!!