Friday, October 15, 2010

Our Little Dancing Queen

"You can dance.  You can jive, having the time of your life.  Ooh, see that girl, watch that scene, diggin the dancing scene."  Ok, now for the group therapy session, sing it out loud, who has the best melody, who knows the song?  Why, yes, I've got a diverse bag of tricks.  And no, tricks are not just for kids. 

As I composed the title for this blog, my mind drifted and I imagined Kaitlin dancing to this song with a big grin on her face having the time of her life.  I'll have to let her listen to it, not sure she has heard it.  Anyway, I so easily digress. 

To the point of blog.  On Monday, Oct 4th, we had gone out to dinner after soccer and were returning after dark.  I had met the rest of the gang at practice, thus we were in two cars.  As I made my way to the drive way, I noticed that Christine had positioned her van to shine the lights in the yard.  To my surprise, someone had put a sign in the yard.  My immediate thought was Christine had surprised me and put the house up for sell - LOL.  The sign read "Dancer of the Month."  Kaitlin has been named "Dancer of the Month" from her dance studio.  What a thrill and great accomplishment for her.  YAY for KK.  We immediately parked and went running out to the front yard.  Kaitlin was so excited and jumping around giggling.  We are so proud of her.  This is her 3rd year in dance and at times, she hasn't enjoyed it as much this year.  More structure, twice a week - she's on the beginning competition team.  To her credit, she has stuck with it and this was the shot that she needed.  Kaitlin loves to dance and dancing has been one of our fun activities many times in the evenings when dad returns from work. 

She didn't know what to say about the reward but was beaming from ear to ear.  She immediately had to call mawmaw and pawpaw / nana and pops.  It's so fun living through your kids!  Great job Kaitlin - we love you. 


No comments: